Careers at NIFCO
CAD Technician – Computer Aided Design
CAD TechnicianA great opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, industry leading, fire protection contracting company. The position will work on unique projects ranging from all different types of industries and sizes We protect anything from small retail spaces to large industrial power plants. The position requires a self - motivated, internally driven individual with a strong attention to details and exemplary communication skills.
NIFCO truly excels at providing the "on the job" training experience necessary to those with CAD experience but who may be new to the fire sprinkler industry. NIFCO finds this training not only helpful to the company as a whole but as individuals in learning the ins & outs of the trade and improving their overall future within the company.
- Reviews all job documents to determine critical dimensions of design.
- Confers with other trade staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production processes.
- Keys in specified information to produce graphic representation of design for review and approval by management.
- Enters specified information into computer to generate approved design.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Problem solve issues and make decisions.
- Work effectively on multiple concurrent projects.
- Meet timelines.
- Aide the fire sprinkler designer in collecting contract payments & other contract documents.
- Display strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accountability of decisions.
- Education and/or Experience - Associate's degree or equivalent training in Design & Drafting Technology (or currently in the process of receiving degree).
- Communication – Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions. Experience writing routine reports and correspondence. Must have a willingness to learn how to read construction documents such as blue prints and how to effectively coordinate and communicate with other trades, journeymen, and clients.
- Industry knowledge – Must be willing to gain knowledge of industry codes, local codes, OHSA standards and rules, and labor to cost ratios.
- Math - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability and knowledge to calculate hydraulic flow rate and pressures a plus.
- Computer - Good working knowledge of ACAD / (Autosprink Design software and BIM a plus); Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Physical – Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The position wmay require navigation of ladders, stairs, lifts, and tight spaces on construction sites.
Generous benefits such as a 401K with company contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid health insurance, paid life insurance & many other company paid benefits you just won't find anywhere else.