Careers at NIFCO
Welder / Combo Fitter
Starting Wages : $20 - $25 hourly (based on experience) plus generous benefits such as 401K with company contributions; paid vacation; paid holidays; paid health insurance; paid life insurance & many other company paid benefits you just won't find anywhere else.
- NIFCO is looking for a full time Welder Fitter to join it's growing Lincoln staff. NIFCO provides design and installation of mechanical and fire sprinkler systems to its customers and is in need of a talented welder who is trained and skilled in the weld fitting trade. Our fire sprinkler team is able to take the designs given to them from engineers, architects and other construction trades to map out and build an integrated fire sprinkler system using CAD software. They then would create a cut sheet for the welding of o-lets for the fire sprinkler pipe. This set up includes placing all pipe routing & sizing; fixture placement & styles per local codes; planning work; coordination with fire sprinkler designers; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- NIFCO truly excels at providing the "on the job" training experience necessary to those with weld fitting experience but who may be new to the piping industry. NIFCO finds this training not only helpful to the company as a whole but as individuals in learning the ins & outs of the trade and improving their overall future within the company.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty & responsibility satisfactorily after training is complete.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack-welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas-shielded arc, submerged arc, gas or wire welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Repairs products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Aiding in the fabrication of piping systems.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the welding fitting portion of the project.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability needed for this position.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Flexibility and ability to work effectively on projects, meeting established timelines
- Associates Degree from Technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Can weld carbon & stainless steel using wire welding techniques as well as shielded arc welding, MIG, TIG; must be willing to learn tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding if hired.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating / maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and isometric drawings. Ability to work in a team environment as well as alone.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word .
- Employee should have a Certified welding certificate and can pass an NDT 6G qualification process within 6 months of hire.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.