Careers at NIFCO
Fire Sprinkler Designer
Fire Sprinkler DesignerA great opportunity for the right individual to join a well-established, industry leading, fire protection contracting company. The position will work on unique projects ranging from all different types of industries and sizes We protect anything from small retail spaces to large industrial power plants. The position requires a self - motivated, internally driven individual with a strong attention to details and exemplary communication skills.
- Reviews all job documents to determine critical dimensions of design.
- Confers with other trade staff to determine design modifications and enters editing information into computer.
- Calculates figures to convert design dimensions to resizing dimensions specified for subsequent production processes.
- Keys in specified information to produce graphic representation of design for review and approval by management.
- Enters specified information into computer to generate approved design.
- Perform field surveys - which may include climbing ladders, climbing multiple stairs, multiple physical movements to check measurements.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of jobs designed.
- Problem solve issues and make decisions.
- Work effectively on multiple concurrent projects.
- Meet Timelines.
- Manage project timeline and labor/material costs.
- Collect and manage contract paperwork such as Certificates of Insurance, Tax Exemption Certificate, Contractor Registrations, Etc.
- Procure materials and schedule fabrication and delivery.
- Collect contract payments.
- Communicate and coordinate with clients, other trades, management, and field personnel.
- Display strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Accountability of decisions.
- Education and/or Experience - 5+ years in the fire sprinkler industry. NICET Level I certification. Associate's degree or equivalent training in Design & Drafting Technology a plus.
- Management – Experience having direct oversight of projects and personnel.
- Industry knowledge – Knowledge of industry codes (local code knowledge a plus), knowledge of OHSA standards and rules, knowledge of labor to cost ratios.
- Communication – Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and construction documents such as blue prints. Experience writing routine reports and correspondence. Experience coordinating and communicating effectively with other trades, journeymen, and clients.
- Math - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Requires the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs. Ability and knowledge to calculate hydraulic flow rate and pressures.
- Computer - Good working knowledge of AutoSprink 3D / (ACAD Design software and BIM a plus); Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Physical – Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision. The position will require navigation of ladders, stairs, lifts, and tight spaces on construction sites.
The work environment will consist of an office setting for design, project management, and administrative tasks, but will also require visits to job sites to validate measurements and building plans as well as project oversight. Some physical activities on the job sites will be required.
Generous benefits such as 401K with company contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, paid health insurance, paid life insurance & many other company paid benefits you just won't find anywhere else.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.